I made Derek and I a humongous breakfast this morning, well I suppose it was more of a brunch because it was so big. But, it was one of the best breakfasts I’ve had in a long time.
- Garlic Homefries
- 2 Over Easy Eggs
- 3 Pancakes
I’ve been making pancakes a lot recently and I need to share the recipe because it’s one of the best recipes I’ve found. This is definitely my go to recipe for pancakes and they come out perfect every time.
Today I used bread flour instead of normal white flour and I think it made them even better. These pancakes were extra fluffy and soft. I would also recommend adding oatmeal and/or flax to make them a little more on the healthier side.
The Perfect Pancake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
Amount Per Pancake: Calories: 158 | Total Fat: 5.9g | Cholesterol: 41mg
Makes 8 Pancakes