1. I finally got myself some Sparkly Soul headbands! I picked 2 of them up last week at NYRR headquarters when I picked up my Mini 10k bib. I was told they were the BEST headbands ever and they actually stay on your head. I do love them, but I was skeptical. I have a small head and just like I thought, they didn’t stay. And I do still love them, but unfortunately I will need a good ‘ol bobby pin to keep them put.
2. I’ve been failing a bit at “gearing” up for marathon training. I still have 3 more weeks, so hopefully I can utilize them wisely. My mileage has been pretty low lately, but I have been doing a good job running several days in a row. That has to count for something, right?
3. This happened this past weekend. A run to Doughnut Plant! I ran with Leticia to Doughnut plant where we met up with Carla and her new roommate. The run sucked (for me), but the doughnut of course was delicious. Tres leches = THE BEST DOUGHNUT EVER! Get it.
4. I bought my plane ticket to Seattle! I am heading out there the evening of August 21st and returning August 26th. Cannot freaking wait for Hood to Coast!!!!! All of the NYC bloggers coordinated and got on the same flight together
5. I’ve overdosed on peanut butter. Seriously. The husband and I are a bit broke this week so we’ve been surviving on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the past several days and I just cannot do it anymore. Peanut butter, I’m sorry, but we need to take a break from each other.
6. I’ve made some new blogging/runner friends recently and I am so grateful for all of them! I just wanted to give a shout out to Kristin, another Astorian who has been kicking ass with me at the NYSC UXF classes. Here we are looking bad ass (or angry).